Dec. 22 – Just months after it announced it was aggressively adding owner-operators to its fleet, U.S. Xpress Enterprises yesterday announced a new truck purchase program.
The program will help U.S. Xpress drivers become independent contractors. For owner-operators currently leased to the Chattanooga, TN-based company, it offers them an opportunity to update to more current equipment.
“We see this program as being a real innovative one,” explained Max Fuller, co-chairman. "The company designed this to offer hard-working men and women the
chance to make the dream of owning your very own tractor a reality."
The Truck Purchase Program is being administered through Freightliner of Chattanooga. Trucks, including 1997, 1998 and new Freightliner Century Class and Freightliner Classic XLs, are available to qualified buyers. Well-maintained, late-model Freightliner Century Class trucks with low-mileage are also available.
Those wanting to participate in the Truck Purchase Program must meet certain
requirements, including the following:
* One year of experience as a U.S. Xpress driver or independent contractor.
* A 5% down payment.
* Truck settlement payments are made through settlement deduction.
* Maintenance reserve established for emergency needs.
* No record of repossessions, bankruptcy or charge-offs in excess of $300.
* No outstanding liens or judgments.
* High credit of $5,000 paid as agreed.
For more information, call the company's Contractor Relations office, 1-800-233-5652.