Nov. 9 – Kenworth announced the five regional winners of its 1998 Walkaround Sales Training Contest, which focused on the Kenworth W900L model with Studio AeroCab.
The contest name is coined from the way the salesperson and customer literally “walk around” the truck, stopping at various stations to examine key features, advantages and benefits. Dealer truck salespeople were graded based on their presentation of these elements and effectiveness of customizing it to meet the customer’s requirements.
The regional winners were:
• Canada: Bob Lawlor, Inland Kenworth, Burnaby, BC
• Central: Robert Bowden, Texas Kenworth, Dallas
• Northeast: Chet Tangerini, NorthAtlantic Kenworth, Dedham, MA
• Southeast: Alan Good, Truck Enterprises, Harrisonburg, VA
• Western: Tom King, Redding Kenworth, Redding, CA.
This year’s featured truck model was a W900L 130-in. BBC (120-in. BBC in Canada) with an 86-in. Studio AeroCab sleeper and Caterpillar 3406E 475-hp engine. Some of the key features contestants focused on included the traditional long-hood design, the 20% more space than previous AeroCabs, 55 cubic feet of personal storage and excellent resale value.