Safety & Compliance

Ford Recalls F-Series Crew Cab Trucks for Seat Belts

August 31, 2017

Photo courtesy of Ford.
Photo courtesy of Ford.

Ford Motor Co. is issuing a safety compliance recall for 117,423 2015-2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab and 2017 F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab trucks so that dealers can inspect and, if necessary, replace the left rear inflatable seat belt assembly, Ford said.

In these vehicles, inadequate rivet head thickness may allow separation of the left rear inflatable seat belt buckle from its mounting bracket during a crash. This condition increases the risk of injury, the automaker said. The company, however, noted that it isn’t aware of any accidents or injuries associated with this issue.

In addition to the vehicles being recalled in the U.S., another 15,715 will be recalled in Canada and 8,202 will be recalled in Mexico for the same problem.

“Dealers will inspect left rear seat belt buckle assembly rivet head thickness and will replace the seat belt buckle assembly if the rivet is found to be inadequate,” Ford said in a released statement about the recall. The company’s reference number for this recall is 17C12.

Comments

1. 1. JD [ September 23, 2017 @ 05:14PM ]

Ford is recalling these truck, keeping them until they have a fix. As of now there is no fix. It's illegal to sell the affected trucks from dealerships. A few have done it anyway the called back the truck and kept it. Boy talk about a screw- up. Where are they storing all these trucks?

2. 2. Henry Anthony Ramos [ October 19, 2017 @ 02:48PM ]

I purchade an 2017 F150 Platinum and cannot take it home its been two weeks since the projected fix date of 9 October 2017. Ford knew about this recall way ahead of time and should have anticipated a large production of replacement material. The excitement of driving a Ford for the first time from a Toyota truck is starting to wear of. I have driven my Toyota for 11 years with hardly any issues. I switch to the number one truck in America and this happens.

3. 3. Mark [ October 26, 2017 @ 07:47PM ]

Henry, I am in the same boat....I have not been able to pick up my 2017 F 150 Platinum due to this recall. It has been 3 weeks. I have to believe the dealers are going nuts not being able to sell these trucks. I am going nuts too as I am ready for a new truck. Good luck!

4. 4. David Beardsley [ October 30, 2017 @ 01:47PM ]

Same deal here, waiting to pick up my new truck but dealer will not release it. No word from Ford on when the problem will be fixed. My have to go back to my old standby, GM and scrap the Ford deal. Dealer wont be happy but oh well. COME ON FORD,,,,, Get your [email protected] together and take care of your loyal customers!

5. 5. RM [ October 30, 2017 @ 06:03PM ]

Same boat here but I insisted that they give me a loaner - been driving loaner since early sept

6. 6. Matt [ November 13, 2017 @ 11:26AM ]

Same for me, f150 platinum and no delivery date in sight. Very frustrating!