California Assn. Announces Hours Hearings
May 30, 2000
The California Trucking Assn. has scheduled a series of town hall meetings to addressed proposed truck driver hours and service reform. The meetings will included representatives from the California Highway Patrol, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and CTA who will answer trucking industry questions about the rules in a panel format.
The proposed rules will also impact shippers, brokers and receivers, so all are welcome to attend. CTA suggests truckers invite their local city and country representatives. Truckers who are not members of CTA are also welcome.
Following is the schedule and locations for the meetings:
• June 14: 6 p.m. at CTA headquarters, 3251 Beacon Blvd., W. Sacramento, CA.
• June 15: 6 p.m. at C.P.D.E.S. Hall, 172 West Jefferson, Easton, CA.
• June 17: 10 a.m. at River Lodge conference Center, 1800 Riverwalk Dr., Fortuna, CA.
• June 21: 1 p.m. at The Livermore/Pleasanton Elks Lodge, 940 Larkspur Dr., Pleasanton, CA.
• June 22: 6 p.m. at Salinas Community Center, Sherwood Hall, 940 No. Main St., Salinas, CA.
For information about the meetings, call CTA at (916) 373-3513.