Rand McNally Debuts Workflow Integration with LoadMaster Enterprise
March 4, 2013 - Products
Rand McNally announced that its automated Workflow capability is now integrated with McLeod Software’s LoadMaster Enterprise.
McLeod Software enables its customers to use data from Rand McNally’s TND 760 and TPC 7600 mobile fleet management solutions to manage their fleets’ flow of activities, providing real-time alerts when tasks are completed or action needs to be taken.
Automatic updates enable fleets to efficiently manage detailed processes, such as special offloading instructions, invoicing, and customer updates with delivery details. The updates also provide automated notification of arrival and departure at critical points along the load. From the driver’s perspective, Workflow offers an intuitive user experience, with an easy-to-follow checklist for each load.
“Rand McNally’s unique Workflow feature will enable our customers to easily automate visibility to planned stops with load specifics for the expected driver tasks to be completed at the stop.," said Robert Brothers, manager of product development for McLeod Software.
"This allows drivers and management to track progress and intervene only when necessary to change details and values within a task – and only if there is a difference between the planned and actual detail.
With automated alerts coming into LoadMaster, dispatch can provide updates as necessary to customers or other areas of fleet operations.
With the integration complete, the combined system is able to:
- Provide automatic notification of arrival and departure for critical stops on a trip. Without driver intervention, LoadMaster is instantly updated with current status information.
- Integrate turn-by-turn navigation allowing the driver to navigate from stop to stop without having to manually enter the address.
- Include fuel stops into the daily trip plan.
- Provide the driver with a planned schedule for the day. Drivers can compare their actual to planned time as they progress through their trip.
- Provide a streamlined user interface to the driver. The drivers follow simple instructions in a task-list like format throughout their day and see check marks when they complete a task.
Go directly to this company's home page