Blacktop 500 Commercial Driver Headset
February 4, 2013 - Products
Plantronics has introduced a headset specifically designed to keep commercial drivers’ eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. The new Blacktop 500 Bluetooth headset cancels road noise, stays comfortable all day, and lets drivers easily manage calls while complying with the federal law that bans handheld cellular phone use by commercial vehicle drivers.
The Blacktop 500, the in-vehicle version of the Blackwire 710 headset, is designed specifically for commercial drivers and truckers.
To make an office headset work well in a semi-truck, Plantronics engineered the Blacktop 500 to cancel out road and engine noises that truckers incur on the road and added a convenient in-vehicle charging system.
The Blacktop 500 features Plantronics’ Smart Sensor technology, which detects when the headset is being worn and automatically routes the audio – both calls and media like iTunes and Pandora – from the mobile phone to the headset whenever it’s put on. An in-vehicle charging system delivers unlimited talk time while driving and the USB connection can also be used for Internet chat or movies while taking a break from being behind the wheel.
The Blacktop 500 features:
- Wind and noise cancelling microphone that cancels road noise
- Internal Smart Sensor technology for automatic call answer
- Easy Bluetooth controls for mute, power, call answer/end, and volume
- Flexible, adjustable and reinforced headband with a cushioned earpiece for all day comfort
- In-vehicle power charger
- Bluetooth v3.0 + A2DP for audio streaming
- Multipoint to connect to two Bluetooth devices
- Up to 10 hours of talk time and up to 10 days of standby time
- Headset battery meter for iOS devices