Carrier Transicold Introduces Supra 60-Series Truck Units
November 2012, TruckingInfo.com - Feature
Carrier Transicold's new Supra 60-series truck refrigeration units feature compliance with 2013 emissions requirements from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The new Supra 60-series includes five single-temperature models - the Supra 560, 660, 760, 860 and 960 - covering the spectrum of straight truck refrigeration needs, with refrigeration capacities up to 32,000 BTU (at 35 degrees) for the Supra 960.
Among the 60-series' improvements are:
- Optimized standby systems, resulting in significant refrigeration capacity improvements for most models and the highest electric standby capacities among truck refrigeration systems available in North America
- New high-performance, maintenance-free integrated fan/motor assemblies with an expected 10,000+ hour motor life
- A maintenance-saving Extended Service Interval oil system with a 1,500-hour service period
- Various drive system enhancements for better performance and reliability
- Improvements to the electrical system, such as use of sonic welds and elimination of splice points for fewer connections and increased reliability
Engines are certified to the EPA Tier 4 standard for non-road engines of less than 25 horsepower, which for 2013 adds a not-to-exceed requirement. The NTE standard requires that engines not exceed maximum allowable emissions regardless of how they operate, including factors such as altitude and ambient temperature.