CEI Releases New Speeding Lesson for DriverCare Lineup
October 2012, TruckingInfo.com - Feature
The CEI Group Inc. added a new online mini-lesson to its DriverCare product line called, "Speeding: Fast Lane to Disaster."
The five-minute lesson is designed to be either a supplement or alternative to the 25-minute DriverCare lesson called, "Managing Your Time and Speed."
The focus of the new mini-lesson is the danger and cost of speeding. It uses dramatic videos of real crashes and accident statistics to underscore that the minimal amount of time saved by speeding isn't worth the potential cost in lives lost.
Among the lesson's learning points are:
- The few minutes speeding actually saves.
- The high percentage of accidents in which speeding is a factor.
- The number of lives lost every day to speeding accidents.
- How much speeding decreases fuel efficiency.
- How speeding lengthens stopping distance.
The lesson requires drivers to pass a test to earn credit for completion. It is one of more than 30 online safety training lessons for fleet drivers of all kinds of vehicles available through CEI's DriverCare fleet risk and safety management products.