Cadec Partners with ISE for eDVIR Application
October 2012, TruckingInfo.com - Feature
Cadec Global has teamed up with with Innovative Software Engineering to deliver integrated electronic Driver Vehicle Inspection Report capabilities in its PowerVue fleet management software.
EDVIRs allow PowerVue users to go completely paperless for inspection reports.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires that every truck driver prepare a DVIR at the completion of each day's work and then submit those reports to the motor carrier upon his/her return to the home terminal.
The objective is for drivers to flag potential safety and maintenance issues so they can be addressed before the next driving shift. Traditionally, DVIRs are prepared using paper forms, and the information is then manually entered into vehicle maintenance systems by clerks.
Moving to electronic DVIRs not only helps save paper, but also saves time for both drivers and administrators and helps eliminate errors that occur when people transcribe written notes.
Cadec's integrated eDVIR application is compliant with FMCSA 396.11 and 396.13 regulations for driver vehicle inspections and reports, and is fully configurable to support customized inspection lists for vehicles and trailers.
With the integration of eDVIRs into PowerVue, Cadec customers can now:
- Prompt drivers automatically when vehicle and trailer inspections are required;
- Review eDVIRs to confirm that a vehicle is safe to operate, retrieving the latest information from the power unit and trailers;
- Automatically convey issues to maintenance staff, including automatic ticket creation and tracking when integrated with third-party maintenance packages;
- Support roadside inspections with certified maintenance repair details and notes easily available;
- Provide paperless report management;
- Create end-of-day reports for each vehicle unit and trailer, allowing drivers to easily note any defects or deficiencies;
- Certify repairs with the back office where maintenance personnel use a Web application to instantly review the latest eDVIRs; and
- Integrate with fleet maintenance systems to create work orders and post repair activity back to the eDVIRs.
"Safety compliance is paramount to our customers," said Owen Smith, senior vice president, Product Strategy for Cadec. "Integrating eDVIRs into PowerVue allows our customers to automate a manual process, making the information more reliable and accessible, which leads to safer fleet operations."