Rand McNally Brings Back Large Scale Motor Carrier Atlas
August 2012, TruckingInfo.com - Feature
Rand McNally has brought back the Large Scale Motor Carriers' Road Atlas, which was last published in 2010.
The Large Scale Motor Carriers' Road Atlas features tear-and water-resistant pages, a spiral binding for stay-flat pages, and maps that are larger with bigger type than those in the regular book. It will be available exclusively in Travel Centers of America and Petro locations nationwide in September.
The new 2013 atlas features:
- All-new, completely revised state and province maps, with better urban area representations than in the past
- More spatially accurate road network, and recalculated mileage representations along the road allows for more precise mileage calculations
- Larger map scale (and larger type font on the maps) with anti-glare pages make this atlas easier to read than the regular sized atlas
- More city maps, adding eight new cities and one new downtown map, bringing the total inset maps in the atlas to 387
- New easier-to-read map coloring of state-designated truck routes and National Network routes helps truckers get where they're going with the best route possible
- Direct links to industry information and construction projects to help in planning or while en route
-A 21-page mileage directory for estimating trip distance and costs