Cadec Global Integrates Onboard Computer and ALK's CoPilot Truck 9
June 2012, TruckingInfo.com - Feature
ALK Technologies' CoPilot Truck 9 now integrates with Cadec's PowerVue onboard computer.
CoPilot Truck's onboard, voice-guided GPS navigation solution stores detailed ALK maps of North America enhanced with PC Miler truck-specific routing directly on the Cadec OBC.
Benefits to PowerVue customers include:
- Over-the-air map updates available to all drivers for faster, more accurate navigation and route updates
- Integration with customer routing software for turn-by-turn directions delivered to Cadec's OBC
- The ability to easily avoid and favor roads and locations
- The ability to find the best sequence for up to 50 stops to reduce out-of-route mileage
- Fast automatic route recalculation
- Access to more than 7 million points of interest including truck stops, truck services, rest areas, weigh stations and CAT Scales
- A non-distracting driver safety view along with flexible and clear 2D and 3D map views
"We've worked closely with ALK Technologies for several years," says Jon Bernstein, CEO of Cadec. "Cadec is very proud to be the first enterprise-class fleet management solution provider to integrate and deploy with the latest version of ALK's in-cab navigation solution. Driver efficiency, safety, compliance and overall fleet performance are the top priorities for our customers."