Descartes Unveils Cloud-Based Transportation Management Suite
April 2012, TruckingInfo.com - Feature
Descartes Systems Group has a new cloud-based Transportation Management suite that includes transportation execution capabilities for better control across fleet and for hire operations and help with carrier compliance for small package shipments.
Descartes Transportation Management suite capabilities include:
- Common carrier or fleet selection made through bi-directional planning with flexibility to allow either the contract carrier planner or private fleet planner to drive the decision making process and manage over-capacity exceptions.
- Fleet plans using detailed street-level fleet routing decisions
- Integrated fleet dispatching, tracking, mobile and telematics to track delivery and driver and vehicle performance
- Small package carrier selection consolidation decisions made through fully compliant tariffs from more 100 small-package and less-than-truckload carriers' service guides
- Small package shipment manifesting available
- Shipment visibility from tender acceptance to in-transit through proof of delivery, including electronic signature, barcode or picture capture;
- Freight bills audited and the costs allocated
Because it is cloud-based, customers connect to the solution via web-browser and internet connection.
"Descartes' Transportation Management suite combines the functional breadth and depth with a cloud-based platform that accelerates time-to-value," says Ken Wood, senior vice president product management.
To learn more about the Transportation Management Suite go to www.descartes.com