Michelin Launches Nationwide Truck Care Network
March 12, 2014
Michelin Americas Truck Tires announced Michelin Truck Care, a national network of mechanical service providers for trucks with dedicated fleet maintenance managers and technicians, along with standardized services that are audited by Michelin.
Michelin Truck Care includes mobile maintenance visits, consistent nationwide pricing, an integrated fleet maintenance system and the assurance of high quality parts. Launching this March, the new service provides fleet managers the tools to manage their maintenance, control costs and be assured the job will be done properly.
Maintenance is completed through a national network of service centers that are backed by the Michelin Commercial Service Network. Over 100 Truck Care service locations will be available by the end of the year.
In addition to the network of service centers, mobile maintenance is offered. Customers can receive the following services through either option:
- Preventative maintenance for tractors and trailers to include oil, lube and filter service;
- D.O.T. annual inspections;
- Electrical repair, including lights, charging and starting;
- Brake adjustments, repair and replacement;
- Wheel-end work to include seals and bearings;
- Suspension repair and replacement;
- Mud flaps;
- Minor body repair to trailers and other service repairs; and
- Reefer PM services.
The procedures and services are audited by Michelin to ensure standardized quality throughout the network and consistent parts and labor pricing (using standard repair times and vehicle maintenance reporting standards coding). A national warranty backs all parts and labor.