TMC Annual Meeting to be Held in Nashville
January 06, 2000
"Equipment Maintenance -- A World in Transition" is the theme of The Maintenance Council's 2000 Annual Meeting and Transportation Equipment Exhibition, March 6-9 at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN.
The meeting will address changing regulatory, technical and operating requirements of fleet operations. From Tuesday to Thursday, The Annual Meeting will feature 13.5 hours of exhibit viewing with than 300 exhibitors.
Technical Sessions during TMC's Annual Meeting will include:
* Future Truck Program - A Progress Report
* Application of Imaging Technology to Maintenance
* Tire Maintenance: Back to Basics
* Update on Year 2000 Engine Emissions
* Windshield Replacement and Repair
* Introduction to VMRS 2000: The Industry Standard for Electronic Cost Reporting
* Air Ride Suspension Preventative Maintenance
* Practical and Futuristic Innovations in Trailer Aerodynamics
* On-board Computers: The Future is Closer Than You Think
* Spec'ing Backup Warning and Vision Devices
Seventy Task Forces will meet during the Annual Meeting on Monday, March 6, to develop recommended maintenance practices, and discuss industry issues such as tire debris prevention, diesel fuel additives, and component reliability and durability.
George F. Grask, 1999 Truck Dealer of the Year and owner of Quad City Peterbilt and Cedar Rapids Truck Center, will be the featured speaker at Wednesday's Industry Luncheon. George Plimpton, described as the father of participatory journalism, will be the featured guest speaker for Tuesday's Kickoff Breakfast.
Full registration is required to attend all business sessions, exhibition viewing periods, luncheons, receptions and Thursday night's Annual Meeting Banquet. Registration fees are $350 for TMC members and $450 for nonmembers registering by Feb. 7, 2000; and $450 for TMC members and $550 for nonmember after that date. A spouse program is also available with a $175 registration fee by Feb. 7, and $200 after that date.
For additional information about The Maintenance Council's 2000 Annual Meeting, contact TMC at 2200 Mill Road, Alexandria, Va. 22314, or call (703) 838-1763; fax (703) 684-4328; e-mail: email@example.com.