North Dakota Unveils $878 million Construction Program; Largest in State's History
June 05, 2013
The North Dakota Department of Transportation unveiled the 2013 construction program for the state, and this year’s program is estimated at approximately $878 million in infrastructure improvements across the state, making this the largest construction program in state history.
“With the $2.3 billion investment for the 2013-2015 biennium that the governor and the state legislators designated for roadway improvements, the state will have the largest roadway construction in its history,” says Grant Levi, North Dakota's DOT director. “This investment will help us address the growing transportation demands as a result of the significant increase in traffic because of the state’s strong economic growth.”
As drivers travel through the state some major projects that they may encounter include:
- I-29 work near Grafton, Grand Forks, Fargo and Hankinson
- ND 23 Parshall to US Hwy 83
- US 2 work near Rugby, Devils Lake and Grand Forks
- US 85 four lane project between Watford City and Williston
- US 52 work near Harvey and Pingree
There are several ways to keep updated on the construction projects:
- Travel Information map at www.dot.nd.gov.
- Calling 511.
- Subscribing to work zone email notifications at http://www.dot.nd.gov/govdelivery/landing.htm
- Downloading the North Dakota Roads smartphone app.