Qualcomm Unveils Breakout Session Lineup for Management Conference
May 01, 2012
Qualcomm released the lineup of interactive breakout session topics and speakers for its upcoming Vision 2012 Management Conference, June 4-7 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego.
Below is a preview of the industry topics that will be addressed during the sessions. Vision 2012 conference attendees will hear session speakers, who are executives of respected private and for-hire fleets, describe how they use mobile fleet management technology to help their business. Session topics and speakers will include:
- Asset and Freight Management - Allen Lowry, director of safety, Central Refrigerated Service
- Best Practices in Hours of Service Deployment - John Pope, president of TT Management and Cargo Transporters
- Business Profitability - Jeff Colonna, vice president, Dupre Logistics
- Connecting Your Enterprise - Jay Delaney, manager of mobile technologies, Schneider National
- Driving Transportation Safety - Scott McCahan, senior manager of safety, recruiting and contractor relations, FedEx Customer Critical
- Fleet Visibility at Your Fingertips - Austin Henderson, director of IT infrastructure and innovation, FirstFleet
- Focusing on Fuel - Ann Wilson, director of transportation systems strategy, and Jeffrey Smith, transportation strategy manager, of Wal-Mart Stores
- Just-Right-Routing - Cesar Ontiveros, transportation operations, HEB Grocery Company
- Fleet and Driver Visibility - Jeannie Gordon, vice president, compliance, Landstar Systems
- Transportation Economic Environment-Alan Gin, Ph.D., associate professor of economics, University of San Diego
"Vision 2012's interactive breakout sessions will offer attendees the opportunity to come away with a deeper knowledge and understanding of the industry as a whole, as well as the ability to leverage this knowledge to overcome some of the industry's most critical challenges," says Norm Ellis, vice president of sales, services and marketing for Qualcomm Enterprise Services. "Through these sessions, peer-to-peer networking events and hands-on demonstrations, conference attendees will be equipped with best practices and solutions needed to be agile in today's marketplace to transform their business operations."
During Vision 2012's Q-Expo, attendees will have the opportunity to interact directly with Qualcomm's product managers and technical experts through hands-on demos of the company's latest applications and platforms. Additionally, the Vision 2012 Partner Expo will serve as a venue for conference participants to engage with industry-leading providers of complementary technology to further enhance the value of their investment in mobile fleet management solutions.
Previously announced, Vision 2012's keynote speakers include:
-Billy Beane, vice president and general manager of Major League Baseball's Oakland A's and the subject of Michael Lewis' bestselling book "Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game" and the Oscar award-winning film "Moneyball"
- Annette Sandberg, Esq., CEO of TransSafe Consulting and former Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) administrator
- Richard Stocking, president and COO of Swift Transportation Company.
For more information and to register to attend, visit .the Vision 2012 Management Conference site