Yellow Improves Web Site
December 07, 1999
Yellow Freight System has redesigned its web site to make it easier for customers to access relevant information and manage shipping activity.
Key changes include:
* Applications grouped upfront, easily accessible on the homepage and via icons at the top of every page.
* Fast, simple navigation from icons, sidebars and links that are clearly marked.
* Information grouped by function for easy use by customers who wish to track a shipment, access bills of lading or proofs of delivery, or see "Zip-to-Zip" service standards.
* Easier set up of personalized, secure, customer-specific web pages through a "My Yellow" function.
* Flexible pages that expand or contract to fit most browsers.
* Fast download of data and graphics (maximum of 35K per page).
Coming soon: Online rate quotes that include personal pricing based on the customer's individual shipping needs and specifications.