Meritor Renames Braking Systems and Announces Product Enhancements
March 7, 2014 - Products
Meritor is renaming and enhancing two braking products to help customers identify these products and improve their total cost of ownership. As part of a new naming structure, Meritor drum brakes that had been branded QPlus are now Q+; and air disc brakes are renamed from EX225 to EX+.
Enhancements to Q+ drum brakes include:
- Increased availability at multiple OEM customers;
- Upgraded performance and lining life for reduced stopping distance; and
- Increased product familiarity among technicians to improve service ease.
EX+ air disc brake improvements include:
- Braking performance that results in shorter stopping distances, straight line stopping and fade resistance;
- Enhanced twin piston design;
- Improved redundant sealing at each potential ingress path; and
- Total cost of ownership and return on investment benefits for severe duty applications.
Go directly to this company's home page