Maxwell Brings Ultracapacitor Start Module to Medium-duty Market
March 5, 2014 - Products
WORK TRUCK SHOW --Maxwell Technologies is expanding its ultracapacitor-based Engine Start Module product line to medium-duty Class 3-6 trucks. The ESM ULTRA 31/900 replaces traditional lead-acid starting batteries, virtually eliminating cranking problems that come from weak or discharged batteries.
The ESM ULTRA 31/900 is a no-acid, lead-free energy storage solution that weighs less than one-fourth of the Group 31 lead-acid battery it replaces.
Maxwell's ESM ULTRA 31/900 delivers the quick-burst power trucks need to crank their engines down to 40 below zero. The new ESM is rugged and lightweight at just 16 pounds. It delivers reliable starts and allows extensive use of lift-gates and buckets while the engine is off without fear of the truck not starting. It stays fully charged even when the truck's lead-acid battery is as low as 9.5V.
"In order to maximize on-time service and deliveries, fleet owners need their medium-duty trucks to perform reliably in any conditions," said Jeremy Cowperthwaite, vice president and general manager of Maxwell's Engine Starting Group. "Maxwell's ultracapacitor-based ESM starting solutions are the best options in the market for ensuring engine start reliability while also lowering the overall cost of operations."
Consistent with the current ESM product, the new ESM ULTRA 31/900 provides the following features and benefits:
- 900 cold cranking amperes (CCA), or a three-second crank;
- Reliable starting for diesel engines up to 9.9 liters at temperatures from -40°F to 149°F
- Low maintenance operation and life-of-the-vehicle reliability;
- Industry standard Group 31 form factor for easy integration with battery systems;
- Built-in quick charging system (15 minutes or less);
- Extended battery life, full compatibility with existing battery systems;
- Four year unlimited warranty.
Maxwell is introducing the new ultracapacitor-based ESM ULTRA 31/900 at the Work Truck Show, March 5 through 7 in Indianapolis at booth 3026.
Go directly to this company's home page