A. We do internal testing when making changes to the TracBat but I don’t have a MIL standard that we test to.
These are the tests we run:
- We shake the device at +/- 40g’s with a sinusoidal sweeping waveform from 50-500 Hz for 12 hours and the device experiences no lasting deleterious performance issues.
- For impact we survive +/- 10,000 G’s
- For water ingress we test for water proof hermetic sealing to about 20 feet under water.
- We do accelerated UV test on the plastics which last at least 8 years in sunlight.
- We test the device from -49F to 194F (-45C to 90C) to verify operational performance of -40 to 158F (-40C to 70C).
- We also do long term battery verification testing showing operation for greater than 1 million miles.
None of these tests have damaged the unit in any way so the data is simply “passed”.