GotQuestions? Wheel End Solutions

Q. Does STEMCO make a metric valve stem that is common on Asian and Euro brand trucks?

This metric size refers to a smaller hole in the wheel to fit a smaller valve stem. In searching around the US market, I have been unable to find this dimension or able to gauge how common or standard this size is. Ken-Tool makes a slide hammer valve remover for Domestic wheels we're looking to adapt to fit these international wheels.

March 3, 2014

SHARING TOOLS        | Print Subscribe

A. Yes, Europe uses a smaller size valve stem hole (10mm) with an o-ring seal vs a rubber bushing, same as used in typical North American aluminum wheels (not steel).  You can consult a wheel manufacturer or the Tire & Rim Association for more details.  Haltec produces a 540 series valve stem, (e.g. TR-545D) of this configuration. 

Related Posts

Comment On This Story

Comment: (Maximum 2000 characters)  
Leave this field empty:
* Please note that every comment is moderated.

Author Bio

Jeff Geist

sponsored by

Wheel End Expert

Ask a question


We offer e-newsletters that deliver targeted news and information for the entire fleet industry.


ELDs and Telematics

sponsored by
sponsor logo

Scott Sutarik from Geotab will answer your questions and challenges

View All

Sleeper Cab Power

Steve Carlson from Xantrex will answer your questions and challenges

View All