A. Yes, there are several benefits to implementing an oil analysis program, even if you do not plan to extend oil drain intervals. These benefits include:
1) Detecting early signs that could indicate premature engine failure,
2) Reducing part inventories,
3) Enhancing equipment resale value by having oil analysis history,
4) Providing support in the event of a warranty dispute,
5) Preventing downtime and loss of productivity,
6) Evaluating lubricant performance, and
7) Receiving “peace of mind” in knowing what is going on with the lubricant.